Recipes - Gelatins And Puddings
Gelatin Salad in Cantaloupe Wedges
- 3 oz Strawberry Gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Large Cantaloupe
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Sliced
Total Time: 15 min. preparation, plus chilling
Makes 6 servings.
- Cut melon in half lengthwise from bud to stem end; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so melon sits level; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in applesauce and strawberries. Pour into melon halves (discard any remaining gelatin mixture or save for another use).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, slice each melon half into three wedges.
Adapted from recipe found at www.tasteofhome.com
Be the first to review this item.