Recipes - Gelatins And Puddings
Panna Cotta with Mixed Berries
- 3 oz Natural Unflavored Gelatin (Beef- B275)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Domino Granulated Sugar (additional sugar for sauce)
- 1 Cup Fresh Berries (sliced if using Strawberries)
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/3 Cup Domino Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Frozen mixed berries, unsweetened
- 1/2 Cup Grape Juice
Total Time: 30 min. preparation, plus chilling
Makes 6 servings.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in extract.
- Pour into six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and sugar substitute to a boil. Add the frozen berries and wine or juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Mash and strain berries, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- Return juice to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates. Serve with sauce and fresh berries.
Adapted from recipe found at www.tasteofhome.com
Be the first to review this item.